Sina Ghadaksaz | "Sugar in the Basement": Dastan's Basement
A solo presentation of works by Sina Ghadaksaz at Dastan's Basement.
- Sina Ghadaksaz, A Bunch of So-Called "Good Viewers" , 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, Holding the world as Atlas in a serious mood, 2020
- Sina Ghadaksaz, In A Pleasing Garden, 2022
- Sina Ghadaksaz, Biodiversity, 2022
- Sina Ghadaksaz, Let Me Put My Nose on Your Painting, 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, Let Me Shine on Your Flowers, 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, My Little Ego, 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, Sugar In Winter, 2022
- Sina Ghadaksaz, Sweet shield, 2022
- Sina Ghadaksaz, The Fake Sun, 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, The Forest, 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, The Head, 2021
- Sina Ghadaksaz, With Friends, 2021
Dastan's Basement presents "Sugar in the Basement", the latest series of works by Sina Ghadaksaz. The artist's second collaboration with Dastan's Basement, "Sugar in the Basement" follows the artist's project, " The archeology of art", which has been developed in the context of utilization of art in exposing paleoanthropological facts. The show will be on view between May 13, to June 10, 2022.
"Sugar" is a character the artist developed, imbuing it with organic characteristics. The evolution of sugar is somehow similar to human evolution, save for the appearance of the human ego. Sugar is a prudent creature, knows how to interact with its surroundings, and survives with a minimum of effort. Sugar is essential nutrition for the human body and human society. Sugar provides the human brain with much-needed energy at little cost. The question is: Can painting act like sugar? Asks Ghadaksaz in "Sugar in the Basement". Can painting cause dopamine release in the human brain and bring pleasure? The following series attempts to introduce Sugar as a character.
Sina Ghadaksaz (b. 1992, Tabriz) has a BA in Multimedia Art (2015, Tabriz) and an MA in Art Theory (2018, Tabriz). "A Spectacle" (2020) was his first solo exhibition at Dastan's Basement. The artist's work has been shown in numerous group exhibitions including "Art Expo Tehran" in association with ArtPeople Gallery Los Angeles, Tehran (2012), "Time Shift", Jorjani Art Gallery, Tehran (2017) "A Close View of Far-Field Representation" Sanati Contemporary Art Museum, Kerman (2019), and "ART021" fair, Represented by Dastan Gallery, Shanghai (2021).